Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oh Em Gee

Okay, so I know I'm really late. I should have written about David Foster Wallace's Host a long time ago. But I kind of was never really in the mood. Which I know is a poor excuse, but let's move on.

So, about Host. It was interesting to a certain extent. I realize that most perople liked the structure of the article (i.e. the myriad of boxes). But I didn't. In fact, I pretty much hated it. I mean, everytime I was getting into it, a box popped up, and then you read that and a box pops up within that box and then one inside that box and so on. Then before I knew it, I had no idea what I was originally reading about. Which sucked. I do know the boxes added a sort of parenthetical element (sort of like Wallace's own internal thoughts), but still, they threw me off. And I don't appreciate that.

It's funny how Ziegler like always blamed his getting fired on someone else. I mean, I think that's what most people do. Not just with getting fired. Most people just have this sense of detecting faults in others but never within themselves. The world would be a lot better off if people were more apt to look upon their own faults and wrong doings and try to correct them and better themselves. Progression as a people would benefitted so much more.

He also didn't believe he was racist. But was it not obvious by the things he would say? He believes one thing and yet conveys someonthing completely different. And that's just annoying. If you're going to be racist, that's on you, but at least own up to it. You know?

Anyway, I was tempted to go on a rant about how people say one thing but do another, but honestly, I'm a bit too tired. So, I'll save that for another time (and believe me, I have a lot to say about that).

Fin

No comments: